If you are missing multiple teeth or all of your teeth then a partial or complete dentures may be an affordable option for you. A complete or full denture is needed when all teeth in an arch are missing or need to be extracted.
A partial denture would be an option if you are missing a few teeth in an arch.
All dentures are custom made with acrylic, porcelain or a combination of both. The process of a denture would start with impressions of both arches and sent to a lab to be set in wax. Then the patient can try them in before processing and make changes as necessary. In some instances an immediate denture is required and there would not be a try in. With all dentures there is an adjustment period and may require a few visits for minor adjustments.
Call today to talk with Dr Powell about dentures or partials to restore your smile.
Partials are dentures custom-made replacements that would be fitted in to the mouth of patients who have lost a couple of teeth or “part” of your teeth. This is because it goes without saying that losing a few good teeth of yours would never be a good thing. If you do not plan to do anything about it, then this gap would always remain in your mouth. In addition, it could also affect you self-conscious and frustrated over time if your self-confidence is taking a nosedive because of it.
It would be for those people that getting partial dentures would seem like a good option. The best part about them is that you would be able to take it out and then put it back inside your mouth with ease. However, a bit of caution would definitely need to be exercised when you would be doing that.
However, the most common problem that seems to arise in the case of partial dentures would be the amount of time that would be contributed towards wearing them. In addition, they might never feel like your very own teeth.
So, if you are thinking about getting partial dentures, continue reading below to know more about them.
What are partial dentures?
If you have lost one or a couple of teeth, then dentures would be used to replace them. Partial dentures tend to be different from full ones because the latter would be designed to replace all missing teeth. Due to the way they would be taken out, these would often also be referred to as removal dentures.
Benefits of partial dentures
- Partial dentures are considered to be the most affordable option of having your teeth replaced.
- These would be made on the same day as your appointment which would mean that you would not have to wait a long time at all in order to get your problem solved
- The entire process would be quite simple for both dentists and patients alike as no surgery would be involved
- Having partial dentures fitted would cause no damage to your teeth, even your adjacent one.
Taking proper care of dentures
So, if you are thinking about getting partial dentures, there would be a couple of things that you would need to bear in mind in terms of taking care of it.
- You should never let your dentures dry out. You should either place them in plain water or in a glass with denture cleanser soaking solution. Conversely, you should avoid using hot water as it would cause the dentures to warp.
- You should brush your dentures as you would brush your normal set of teeth in order to get rid of dental plaque and food. This should also be done in order to prevent buildup of stain.
- In addition to taking care of dentures, you should also take care of your normal set of teeth. You should also try adding gargling with mouth wash as this could help to remove plaque.
Therefore, if you are thinking about getting partial dentures, you could contact Dr. Powell for it.
User Review( votes)